2010 Highlights Part One

Unbelievable, but half of the year have already gone by! Even though it didn't really got of with a good start, it slowly gained process....

Now, here are the highlights...so far.

Highlight #1 -Fistful of Stances
Kenneth and Natalie simply shined in this series. But not only them, the storyline itself was something I did not expect to see from tvb. More thoughts, see my review. I loved this series very much and that's why it's the number 1 highlight of the year =D So far, it is the series I wish to get the Best Drama award at TVB Anniversary this year!! I hope the people still haven't forgotten this series and will also root for it!

Highlight #2 -Fala Chen
I felt that this year was a really good year for Fala Chen. Ever since Moonlight Resonance, I've began loving this girl. Now in 2010, she was in In the Eye of the Beholder and Ghost Writer. In the Eye of the Beholder was just an average series but I thought Fala's character is the highlight of that series. She played at this spoiled princess who's quite obnoxious but turned out really lovable. I absolutely love her in there.

Then in Ghost Writer, she played as the fox spirit and yet again another lovable character. Her character in GW is so far my fav. of hers and also my fav. character of the year! More of my thoughts of her will be up when I begin writing my review for Ghost Writer =D

Right now, I can't wait to see her in Temptation where she's yet again pairing up with Steven Ma.

Highlight #3 - Raymond Wong
I think he's promoted to my fav actor list? Raymond was awesome in When Lanes Merge and i'm glad tvb recognized that because he's getting another lead role in The Truth, co-staring Tavia Yeung. I'm glad to see him getting promoted and not under-promoted like some other talented actors. Right now, I'm really looking forward his upcoming series including Can't Buy Me Love and RB2 (btw...both are grand productions!). Pairing up with Linda then after with Fala in RB 2. Both I'm looking forward too!


Highlight #4 - A Chip of the Old Block/So Fung Nei
Technically, A Chip of the Old Block aired after tvb 2009's anniversary.....so I'll just count it into 2010 xD The series was ok....but it wasn't the 'highlight' I'm talking about. The highlight was Myolie's character So Fung-Nei. It was a refreshing character to see Myolie playing it and I really fell in love with the character. It showed the comedic side of Myolie, which I've never seen before and the funny faces she made was hilarious! I wouldn't mind to see her again in a role like this. Haha, I just love her greediness xD

Highlight #5 - Themesong of When Lanes Merge and Sister of Pearl
Both songs are no doubt, my fav songs of the year so far. I absolutely love both of them! I think I might like Sister's a teeny bit better....maybe because I feel abit more emotion from Myolie in it. Or maybe because I sense that the song is sadder....I like sad music =3 Haha, I can listen to these 2 songs over and over again ;)

Edit: Not only are those 2 songs my fav, now Raymond Lam's themesong for Growing Though Life is also my fav =) Such a soothing song....

The others that 'almost' made it to my highlight list was...

-Ghost Writer (it only began to caught me after episode 13. Before that, it lacks the 'mythical' feeling I had expected and it kinda mainly talk about business. After episode 13 though, it's when things get going again.) I really, really enjoyed this series but it's focus on the mythical stuff was minimal and that kinda disappointed me some what. Not only that though, I was actually looking forward to much more of Sunny's evil character.......I will explain all my thoughts in my review later (don't want to spoil the review yet xP).

All in all though, it was a great series....and a refreshing one to see from tvb that cannot be miss.

So yah, that's it! Hopefully more will pop up during the remaining time of the year! Which is....omg!! 3 months!!! Only 3 months-ish till the anniversary again D= Things are going so fast!




2 comments:

An Pham said...

thnx you for this lovely post!!!! and hahah i love sad song

LynneD. said...

Glad u enjoyed it! ^^

Post a Comment