A Chip of the Block Overview

***Contains Spoiler***

warning!!!

Photobucket
Myolie and Sunny
Most Enjoyable Moments: When they fight!!! Yah! xD
Sad Moments:
-When Myolie lied to Sunny to make him think her as a selfish, bad etc person :( I couldn't help but cry when Sunny slapped her.
-When Sunny told her that he wanted to give the gold bracelets that his father left him so he could give it to his daughter-in-law. Seeing how heart broken Sunny was, it caused me to cry again.
Sweet Moments: Not really Sunny involved but when Myolie began to like him and her mind would go off into space xD Then she can't remember anything after that :P Haha, found her character to be so cute then!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Myolie's Character
This character brought a refreshing side to Myolie. I enjoyed all the time she had on screen xD Her facial expressions are hilarious to see along with her actions. It was touching to hear about her family problems which made me loved her even more. Then when her arms got hurt xD Haha, I love those parts! I think she brought the most entertainment and laughs to me throughout the whole series :P Something I found weird was how young Myolie remained even though 20-30 years past o.O

Photobucket
Sunny's Character
First started out as a too nice too be true guy which didn't make me care for him but he did gradually grew on me. There was just something different in his character that wasn't what I had predicted. Even though he is nice, gullible and etc but when he began to know about Myolie's tricks he began to be 'mean'. Haha, not 'mean' mean but I just love the ways he made his face looked mad xD


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Shirley and Ron
Nothing really special but I really like this one scene where Ron wanted to celebrate his birthday with Shirley cause he thought she was his mom xD

Ron's Character
A funny character to see xD His stubbornness is the part that always made me laugh! I love the way he react whenever Sunny do something he considers as 'stupid'. Always trying to change Sunny's thinking and always tend to fail at the same time :P I also like the parts where he tried to find out who his mom is^^ Like Myolie's, this role also made me see the comedic side of Ron.

Shirley Yeung
I found her character quite annoying and loud at times but I began to pity her during her arguments with Gigi.


Photobucket
David Chiang
Quite a character to see. I found it odd how he raised Sunny to be a super nice guy when he was nowhere near that :P Haha, his character wasn't a really likable one due to his selfishness but I was surprised to find out about his 'secret recipe' in the end and found that quite sad.

Photobucket
Gigi Wong
I love her as the landlady. The parts wherever she fought with David was great! (Especially a scene where she dressed up as the girl on the boat to trick him xD) Her character was kinda selfish when she wanted Nancy as her daughter more then Shirley but you could still tell that she really loves Shirley. I cried at this part where Shirley left her......

Photobucket
Nancy
A cute little character xD My favourite scene of her is probably the part where she sneaked the fishballs into her room. Her reaction was so cute when her mother saw the fishball fell down from the guitar and bounce onto her head^ I felt sorry how everything was controlled by her mother though. Another thing, I was kinda surprised how Nancy didn't have a crush on Sunny. I thought there was going to be a love triangle between them and Myolie.

Photobucket
Louis and his Daughter
I don't like Louis's character that much. Maybe cause the way he exaggerates his face a little too much but there's still something I liked about him though^^ I liked how he cares alot for Po-Po. There was a scene where he thought Po-Po was sick and it made me cried because the only person she mentioned was her mom, leaving Louis out. Then again, I thought he was super selfish to not let her see her mom but instead dressed up as a woman! I found what Myolie said to him during that scene to be quite true.


My thoughts:
For me the storyline was kinda going up an down. It started out refreshing for me because of the comedy which ended all the drama I saw from Beyond. Gradually got a little dull after Myolie's character got 'busted' but then rose up again when Nancy's character entered (haha, she is so cute!). Again kinda dropped but then got interesting again to see the relationship between Louis and his daughter. Another issue came up between Shirley, Gigi, Nancy and Nancy's mother which I did enjoy watching. Then the relationship of Myolie&Sunny and Ron&Shirley also started to develop. Overall I enjoyed this series very much^^

Photobucket
Favourite Characters Goes to.......Myolie and Ron: Lols, I can't stop laughing when Myolie and Ron glared at Sunny in this scene :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment