Wish and Switch Overview

Wish and Switch...omg finished this so long ago, but just started the review :P  Haha I basically typed down what I remember...which is not much.



Myolie as Suk Heung
Myolie did really fit the image of a house wife didn't she?  Suk Heung was likable and funny to watch at first, but there were points where I found her quite irritating.  Maybe I just did not like her way of thinking as much...even though she was only like that because she was so devoted to her family.

Selena Li as Hailey
This is one of my favourite role of Selena right now.  She suited well as the smart business woman, but with the weak side for love.  No doubt there were times when she was selfish, but that made me see her in a more realistic light.  Unlike Suk Heung, I didn't find that annoying because I found her more logical and strong.

I became really emotional when Rocky (her dog) died....and honestly felt really bad for Hailey.  Maybe because I also have a dog?  That is why I was able to feel what Hailey went through...if my dog died, I wouldn't know what to do.  To Hailey...Rocky is the only comfort she had when she lost everything.  He was not simply a friend...but rather a friend and someone she could trust.  People can get too complicated sometimes...simply having a dog, who's truly loyal to you...is very special.

Johnson Lee as Ga Yann
One of my favourite supporting stars....who unluckily failed to shine in here.  This is quite unfortunate because it is Johnson's first time leading too.  Ga Yann is rather dull and boring to watch since he did not seem to have enough personality...rather than being the geeky husband behind Suk Heung.  He was a sweet husband though, especially how he collected Suk Heung's favourite candy for a whole year for their anniversary :)  What drove me insane though, is the 180 degrees turn of Ga Yann!  After Suk Heung wished for her husband to become successful (or something along that line...I can't remember), he slowly become evil...and basically, another character!  This is what I'm talking about when I said the series totally went downhill.  So...illogical.

Vincent Wong as Wayne
Like I said...the guys did not have much scenes because the series focuses on the ladies.  Unfortunate because I love Wayne so much.  You know the cold on the outside, but soft in the inside kind of guy?  This is Wayne.  At first, he showed off as a jerk....but then we got to know why.  Since he came from a rich family, woman always surrounded him for money.  Then when he was dating Hailey, he found out that she as dating him for money...therefor treated her badly.  He offered her to become his fake wife though, because deep inside...he just wanted her to stay by his side because he truly loved her.  She never knew though because he always hid is from her, in fear of getting himself hurt.


I was rooting for Hailey and Wayne throughout the whole series!  Their relationship was something different from the usual and they also became my favourite part of the whole series. I was actually quite upset that they did not get so many scenes together :(  As for their ending, it was a happy one but it felt too rush for my liking.

Vincent Wong is one of the rising siu sangs that I really like :)  His acting is rather good for someone who've only participated in a few series.  Hmm...I remember I first noticed him in Can't Buy Me Love because of his height.  I've grown to like him much more since then.  I definitely see him as a leading star in the future.

Supporting Casts
Tina Shek and the little kid.  Lols I found them quite funny to watch because they bicker so much!  Haha especially when the grandpa asked them to go excercise with him.  Their scenes with the family members were sweet and cute :)  Ram Tseung and Angela Tong, two of some of my favourite supporting stars were also awesome and hilarious in their roles!  Unfortuantely, there were times when I was completely annoyed with this family....because they don't act like adults.  They're similar to kids...who can't control themselves.

As for the rich family, the supporting characters involved Kiki Sheung as Wayne's mom and there was the butler, Benjamin.  I personally did not understand Wayne and his mom's relationship....just weird.  As for Benjamin, I totally loved him!!!  He's actually my favourite supporting character because he was simply funny without being annoying :) 

Our Eyes are the Windows to the Soul...
So cliche...but how can it be a cliche when it's the truth? Once Hailey and Suk Heung switched identity, nobody notice the physical change (that we, as the audience saw) because that's how the computer's magic works right? So basically, their husband did not know the change because their wives look exactly the same as they've always been to them. One thing they did notice though, is the change in their wives personality. Of course, that doesn't lead them to say, "Hey that is not my wife". It was only after some time that they started to fall for the other's wife (who was their original wife....omg this is so complicated.  Just watch the series!).

The point!?  Both wives were wearing the snow white mask, so only their eyes were shown.  Wayne was asked to guess who his wife was.  In the end, he chose "Suk Heung" (the original Hailey) because of her eyes which brought back the memories of their relationship.  Of course because of the identity switch, she is not his wife but is Johnson's wife right??  So complicated....but the main point being, the eyes told him everything...and who the one he love is.




And when he saw his supposedly "real" wife (aka Myolie Wu), who also wore the snow white costume, he asked her, "Who are you?"  Myolie had to answer that she is his wife....and that left Wayne dumbfounded.

Another scene involved Ga Yann and "Suk Heung" (original Hailey).  They were at the hotel together and she was drunk...and omg, they almost went to bed together!!  Right then though, Ga Yann saw her eyes...and decided to left.  Later on, we found out the reason why he left was because...when he saw her eyes, he didn't see his wife but instead a stranger.

The power of the eyes...that words cannot compare too.  I think these are two of some of my favourite scenes.  It's just so sweet....


Overall
Everything was good up until the point where Selena and Myolie switched back into their original roles again.    It was rather fun seeing how the two ladies had to adapt to their new environment.  Haha especially Hailey, who had to start doing house chores: washing the toilet, cooking etc.  That was funny!  And then the part where Suk Heung soon found out the true relationship between Wayne and Hailey as a fake couple was interesting.  I enjoyed the friendship the two have and the ups and downs they went through.  After they switched back though, Johnson's character just went through a dramatic change and the story went downhill...rather ridiculous.

I would've liked it better to see more of Selena and Vincent together too.  Vincent's character was rather interesting but unfortunately underdeveloped.  As for his mom (Kiki Sheung), I was just confuse with their relationship...

So worth it?  Eh..the last 3-4 episodes kinda ruined it.  If you're a Selena fan though, I'd definitely recommend it :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment