2011 Highlights

Note: I made this post awhile ago...and just edited some stuff. Most thoughts on Ghetto and Kevin are already mentioned before :)

For the previous 2 years, I've been writing what I found to be the highlights of the year (though I kinda failed to write about the "whole" year....only ft the series in the first half of the year)....and now it's 2011's turn! So what have I found quite nice so far....?

Highlight #1 - Kevin Cheng

Haha let's first of say I did enjoy seeing Kevin in Under the Canopy of Love in 2006, but I strongly disapproved of his tv king award back then. He was still considerably new to leading at that time and it felt really unfair to the others. But then in 2008, he was praised in The Last One Standing (which I still have yet to watch, so therefor do not have a comment on that). Finally seeing him again after a few years, in Beyond the Realm of Conscience, I still thought Kevin was a bit "blocky". To be fair, the blame can be put onto his one dimensional character, but even in Burning Flame 3....he failed to impress me. Haha I am full of complaints right now eh? But don't worry, I don't hate Kevin (never did) and the point of him being in the "highlight" is not to entirely criticism him....but rather to state my change of opinion on him.

I really think that this year, 2011, was Kevin's prime year. First of with Home Troopers, Only You and finally the hit series, Ghetto Justice! Wow...I did not even notice how many series he had this year until I looked him up in wikipedia :P He is enjoyable to watch in all and had great chemistry with his co-stars. He also improved alot in his emotional scenes :) If you ask me who my favourite male character of this year is, it would definitely be given to his role as LA (Ghetto Justice) or Summer (Only You). I am ok with either one....and if tvb won't give that award to him, I'll give one to him myself :P

Highlight #2 - Ghetto Justice

The series became expectantly great and enjoyable! I have never been a fan of law series due to the influence of my boring socials class :P Haha I honestly really hate talking about government....and I usually find law series boring to watch as I think some cases usually drag. But I think that's just some biases there. Usually I would not even start a series if it was based on lawyers and stuff....therefor never giving them a chance. Now that I started to look back at the law series I've watched in the past...I can see that I did enjoyed them. Haha I can be quite thoughtless....imperfection of a human being :P And back on subject, I would like to share some thoughts between Ghetto Justice now.

What makes Ghetto Justice so enjoyable is the personality put forward to the characters and the humour of the script. Each characters got their own personality that I could classify them by and the interactions amongst them were the best! Though a series base on law, what made me love this so much is the character development, which lacks in tvb series nowadays. And talking about humour, I do not mean the lame thing we've been seeing in the ancient comedies lately, where the characters are made to exaggerate. Ghetto would be what I define as a relaxing and comedic series, even though it does get a bit dramatic towards the ending.

Highlight #3 - Return of Chiliam Cheung along with costars Myolie Wu and Damian Lau

I think the first series I saw Chiliam in is Point of No Return, where he played as a spoiled rich boy and a sweet couple with Charmaine Sheh. Then again, he showed his lovable side in Shades of Truth with his awesome chemistry with Wong He back in 2004. Now, after what seems to be forever, he have returned with The Rippling Blossom!

Everytime the three of them appears onscreen together, you can't help but smile. Their chemistry are just full of sparks!! You will love all of them so much! Chiliam and Myolie made one of the cutest pairings ever! And Damien's character is just incredibly funny with all his facial expressions! Although not the greatest overall, just for the 3 names mentioned above, you should definitely give The Rippling Blossom a go :)

Highlight #4 - Only You

This year, Only You truly came out as a sweet surprise. If you're looking for a relaxing series to watch, this would be the perfect one :) There is no drag to the series and every sub story is enjoyable to see. You would also love the cast especially the characters played by Kevin Cheng and Yoyo Mung (personal favourite would also be Krystal Tin). Honestly, I believe this is one of the best series this year and should not be a missed. It will just give you this cute, fuzzy feeling :)

Highlight #5 - Gun Metal Grey

Technically this series was released back in 2010, but I just haven't watch it until now and just decided to add it to the list.

Due to Can't Buy Me Love's and No Regrets immense popularity last year, this series received little recognition. In my opinion, it is actually the most enjoyable of the three (quite tight with No regrets though). The reason why I like it so much is because mainly because of the casts but credits are also given to the storyline and cases. The cases were enjoyable...and was quite creepy at certain points, and the storyline wasn't draggy. Each cast member also did an awesome job and fitted perfectly with each other. In previous posts, I've already mentioned how much I love Nancy and Vincent along with Michael and Jessica :) Two of my favourite couple there already!!

I could also remember the characters (although just supporting) played by Oscar Leung and Grace Wong. Both were great in the role given! Adding simple features to define their character (Oscar=sickly looking along with the unlimited amount of tissue paper in his pocket :P Grace=her styling hats) worked like a charm, and that's how I still remember them now :)

Definitely recommended. I believe you will fall in love with the casts and along with the story as much as I did!

Highlight #6 - Elena Kong

I've heard praises for this actress back when Women Hurt the Most released but had not watch it so I was not familiar with her at all. But then I began to notice her back in No Regrets. Even though her character was not likable, the part where she teared up on the train just made me cry along with her. He tears came out so naturally...! Now in 2011, she once again proved to me that she is a great actress in River of Wine. Now I am a big fan of hers and can't wait to see more of her future series!


That's all I have for now! More may or may not show up, but please do share your guys opinion with me! What were your highlights for this year? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment