Ghetto Justice Overview

YAy!! Finished Ghetto Justice! And must say, the ending was quite a surprise to me...but I really liked it.

Ghetto is a very refreshing series with a very enjoyable storyline. If you have not watch it (which should be very odd :P), you should definitely give it a go!

Right and wrong?

I thought that this series had a lot of emphasis on how shady the world can be. One thing we can get from the series, life cannot be considered as white or black. But as grey. If life is just black and white...it won't be complicated. Realistically though, life is full of obstacles :P ("blunt way to put it...life is miserable." Haha...my teacher's quote ^-^;;)

In the end, the "truth" is hard to find. I think the court's duty is just to find the best answer. No definite.

As for the cases....I was watching The Truth at the same time, and found their cases better than Ghetto Justice. In GJ...they were a bit more predicatable and weren't as intense? Therefor, the reason why I love the series is because of the characters. I found them all really lovable and enjoyable to watch and there is also the humour put towards the script. It isn't lame and exaggerated....which have been happening alot with tvb (ancient comedies).

Let's get to the couples!

Kris (Myolie Wu) & LA (Kevin Cheng)

Kris and LA have two totally different personality. LA is messy, playful and mouthy, while Kris is the more serious and formal kind. Haha but they make each other perfect! Myolie and Kevin had great chemistry and really made their character shine. I love is when LA irritates Kris because seeing her irritated is just so funny xD He just brings out her playful side.

If you ask me who i want to win My Most Favourite Male Character for the 2011 tvb awards, that award would definitely go to LA! He is so adorable in Ghetto Justice and everytime he's onscreen, I can't help but smile x) Haha his appearance is also quite something too. I don't like characters that are too serious, so his messiness and gross behaviours just made him shine xP Lols one memorable scene was when he picked his nose :P I absolutely do not encourage anybody to do that....but it was just so funny!!

~random note~ Most of Kevin's expressions reminds me of a monkey x)

Kris on the other hand is the neat and tidy one. As the character itself, there was not much shine but when she's with LA, the chemistry definitely brought out the better of them. I think Myolie did a great job with Kris and I'm glad to see her back onscreen again after so long. Though I found Kris a little bit selfish...but it doesn't mean that she is a bad person. On the other hand, maybe it was the other characters that were too good? (haha by that I mean sometimes it can be unrealistic how good a person can be...)

One point of the series that I was upset in was how LA agreed to move with Kris to open a new lawyer office. At that point, I felt that LA was kind of putting behind everything that he had worked with his buddies for....for a girl. While on the other hand, Kris still stuck too what she wants. In the end though, I'm glad that LA did not go against his conscience to help her. That's what I like about LA. Even though he might look like he's going nowhere with his life and is only a messy lawyer, unlike Myolie, he knows what the bottom line is and he won't do what is against his conscience (lets omit what happened in his past ^^;;).

As for the ending...you can tell how much LA loves Kris, that he was willing to go to jail for her. Or maybe was it because he wanted to redeem himself for what he had done in the past? I dunno...but found it as an appropriate ending. Wraps up the theme; there will always be a consequence to one's actions. LA being sent to jail tells us what is lawfully right, but Myolie's unsentence.....is more about morally right, because even though she went against the law, the person that she sent to jail was the true murderer.

Ting Ka-Fu (Sam Lee) & Ho Lee-ching (Sharon Chan)

This pair can be consider as the tragic couple in the series. I don't have much to say about Ting-Ka-Fu, but I love Ho Lee-Ching. She holds a really strong personality and would find myself very fortunate if I had a friend like her. Whenever she's caught in a bad situation, she always held her head up high and kept working towards her dream. It is tragic how she's almost there, but was killed at the last moment. I did not expect that to happen...and really wish it did not. If only Ting Ka-Fu was able to find her that night....:(

But Sharon's death is the reason that brought Myolie's character, Kris, back onto the rightful road....

Mai Cho-chi (Alex Lam) & Tai-Ng Ting (Joyce Tang)

*awkwardturtle* Lols I thought they were an awkward couple xD They actually did not have much development, and I only felt them as friends. Though it was touching to see Alex confess to Joyce at the end, I never felt that she liked him.....thought it would've been better if the remained as friends.

Seeing Alex onscreen this time is just so different.....I guess I'm used to his old loud roles, but he is such a sophisticated man in here! The way he talked in english with his dad...lols.


Our 4 Dudes :P

These 4 guys (sometimes 3)....whenever they appear onscreen, you'll crack up! They have a wonderful chemistry!! If they could make a series of just the 4 of them...I wouldn't mind at all :P Haha here's a list of few:

-3 guys waiting for their police friend and started to eat cherries. haha they can find the fun in the randomest thing eh? lols Kevin accidentally spat onto Myolie.....*trouble* At the end when their police friend arrived, Myolie told him to give Kevin a ticket or else she'll complain to his office. LOLS the police guy actually wanted to give Kevin a ticket!!!! Best was how Kevin whispered a swear word into his ear x)
-(first episode) Myolie was just talking to her mom about the lawyer she hired, when the 4 guys walked up. Haha this is when Kevin picked his nose :P Way to make a first impression eh?
-The 3 guys decided to go to the hospital to "kidnap" the chauffeur's wife. lols isn't that against the law? Aiy...and they're lawyers too :P
-Kevin singing in the shower. lols he looked soooooo happy in there xP Dancing along to his lyrics too!! Hehe...best is when his friends took the video of his butt without him noticing. Invasion of privacy :P

~Splitting Up~ as each guy got a friend, they were willing to sacrifice anything for their girls. It made me sad to see how their scenes together were lessened. Thinking about it, I would rather they'd be lonely for the rest of their life :P haha jkjk. Eh... separation is part of life....can't do anything about it can we? :|

Favourite Setting
My favourite setting of the series is his office. lols the red paint on the door, ping pong table and stacks of paper x) Nothing makes me happier seeing how irritated Kris was when LA kept on shaking the table. lols laughed out loud at that part. Her expressions are priceless xD

Favourite Case
The reason why I like this case so much is because of Stephen's song x) I also found Katy Kung (that's her right?) really cute in here and do look forward to seeing her more in future series!

Screencaps:

4 comments:

Rachel said...

i LOVED Ghetto Justice!!! so glad you did a review/overview on this!!! i originally didn't think i would...just cause it sounded so...i don't know, but for the sake of kevin and me being a hard core kevin fan i i just had to watch it and completely fell in love with it!! i pretty much found myself agreeing with everything while reading your thoughts. thanks for sharing your thoughts on GJ!!! :D

Rachel said...

i LOVED Ghetto Justice!!! so glad you did a review/overview on this!!! i originally didn't think i would...just cause it sounded so...i don't know, but for the sake of kevin and me being a hard core kevin fan i i just had to watch it and completely fell in love with it!! i pretty much found myself agreeing with everything while reading your thoughts. thanks for sharing your thoughts on GJ!!! :D

AC said...

My favorite case is the same as yours! Other than the story, I liked how they had to argue their case to help their client, instead of there actually being a murderer.

LynneD. said...

@RAchel: haha I didn't think I would watch this in the first place either since I don't really like law series, but the themesong caught me :D Glad you enjoyed reading it ;)

@AC: Haha I agree with that point too :) Though one thing I found a bit unbelievable about that though is how fast Katy died....from the flashback, she was still conscious to touch her throat and see that there was a shard in there. I think she should've have time to go find Stephen (or at least attempt to move to the door...but she died at the spot)(if she did not pull out the shard).

Post a Comment