90's Adaptations of Jin Yong's Novels...

I'm guessing most of you guys already know who Jin Yong is right? :) He is famous for his wuxia novels (The Heaven Sword and the Dragon Saber, The Legend of the Condor Heroes etc.) So anyways, I was just surfing around on youtube and came across this video! Haha it consists the 90s adaptations that tvb made based on Jin Yong's novel. Don't you just miss these kind of series so much?? Q.Q (I do believe that some are missing from the video though...after looking at wikipedia xD)

I have not watch all of them though because if I watched the 80s version, I won't watch the 90s version....and vice versa. The ones I have watched from the 90s includes: The Condor Heroes 95, The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2000, Crimson Sabre, The Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain 1999) As for the 80's, I've watched The Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983) and The Duke of Mount Deer (1984)...I think that's it.

Oh! Random note...Wong Yung (Barbara Yung) in LCH, I was very impress with her impersonation of a guy. Since watching tvb....that's the only convincing girl dressing up as a guy -.- Putting on a hat, braiding your hair back and putting on men's clothes doesn't make you look like a man. Take Charmaine Sheh's character in Word Twister's Adventure or Fala Chen in Ghost Writer as an example. What is the difference...? Though I know it's been like this all the time...I still can't get use to it even till now .__.

Speaking of a girl pretending to be a man, Joyce Koi definitely comes into the picture! To be honest, I've mainly watched her playing as a guy...and found it awkward when she dressed in girl's clothing at the end of Better Halves o.O

BACK on the Subject!! My favourite series out of the bunch ought to be The Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 2000 because it's the first wuxia series I've ever watched....even though it's the latest one made. I only watched the others when I got older....while HSDS is my childhood series :) (I wrote a post on one of my favs. pairings in there.)

As for my favourite themesong, it goes to The Condor Heroes 1995! Though I don't know the what the lyrics mean...it just sounds so sad for some reason! (a post I wrote on this series.)

MISS ALL THESE SO MUCH!!! So what were your favourites!? :)

4 comments:

Michael said...

Return of the condor heroes 1983. Hands down.

scalae3 said...

Sad for me that the only tvb wuxia I watched is The Condor Heroes 1995. You see, my childhood wasn't with tvb. I barely know anything about tvb back then. I'm not even familiar with those series in the 90s.

LynneD. said...

@Michael: :)

@Scalae3: haha yah I know :) You use to watch mainland series right? Beside Tvb I also use to watch atv series...never tried mainland though.

Anonymous said...

Too bad the most memorable of JY adaptation is coming from 80's era. TVB failed to repeat the success of LOCH 1983, ROCH 1983 and HSDS 1986 with well-written script and great cast :)

Post a Comment