When Heaven Burns Episode 1 Thoughts

-my internet is acting stupid...only downloaded half of the episode -.- So no screencaps for the end parts. Haha they're all Charmaine :D

I just started the first episode of When Heaven Burns and it is good!!! Charmaine's character is so interesting to watch! I also like the style of "flashbacks" they used. Haha for the whole episode, I was waiting for those black and white flashbacks, but then got nothing :P

This episode mostly empasized on Charmain's character who is married but is having an affair with another guy. I felt bad for both of the guys....especially the husband (played by Ben Wong), but I like how Charmaine wasn't portrayed as a "true" player. She's just lost.

I loved the part where she was sitting by the ocean and was listening to the waves....so peaceful. Then the part of the dolphins was sweet too. It seems like they're leading her back to her own path again...it's the first time she truly smiled in the episode too :) And then the "flashback" of her old boyfriend (also the one she truly loves). The story is cute and somewhat sad...to know that he's no longer alive :( I'm glad in the end, she was able to snap back again and let go of her husband and the other man, realizing that she did not love either of them.

At the scene where Charmaine was thought to be lost on the mountians was good. I liked how all the old bandmates, Bowie, Kenny and Moses came to the scene to see if she's alright (without saying anything). I was at first confused why Kenny looked so happy seeing Moses and Bowie, whom both in return pretended they didn't know each other. Apparently, Kenny lost his memory after their accident in the mountians...so did not remember anything. I liked how that happen because now he's the one trying to pull the bandmates back together for the old memories....without realizing that they did not want to remember.

I'm excited to see episode 2 next!!!! :D

-Want to add an extra comment on Charmaine's character; her limited lines. I like how she does not talk much....but rather show her emotions through her expressions/actions :) SO nice. Also her fashion in here is just amazing. My fav. style of hers so far...

-The beautiful sceneries!! Both by the ocean side, and when she was on the hill (I'll forgive the obvious fake stars because they are quite pretty)...also could not forget the parts where she was walking alone down the road. Amazing camera work! Loved how they filmed the angles ;)

4 comments:

scalae3 said...

I like episode 1 of WHB, so peaceful yet heart wrenching. I love the scene when Charmaine chased the dolphin and when she was lying down on the ground.

Hope to see more posts on WHB from you.

LynneD. said...

I agree :) I'll update more soon! ;D

Anonymous said...

I love her denim jacket! Does anyone know the band name?

Anonymous said...

brand name***

Post a Comment