Tvb Gala Thoughts

video credits azdrama

Overall, I thought this year's gala is just alright. Compared to last year...there was one segment from last year I really loved (the three generations singing)...but this year...not that memorable. What I liked best was the magic show and also the guessing (ears, mouth) game was funny. Haha I love how they asked Kate Tsui to find Bosco Wong's tongue, and later pushed Myolie Wu in to confirm it :P The chok poses were also entertaining, though not that refreshing. I think I enjoyed the guys more than the girls though. Haha especially loved Kevin Cheng's and Raymond Lam's chok look...but best is credited to Eric Tsang!

Too bad I don't know canto or else I could've enjoyed the show more.

Personal Favourites:
- loved Natalie's dress due to the differences from her pasts dresses. The way the dress is styled along with the flow of the dress, showed off a really gentle and stylish sense. The shoes and the jewellery also went along great with the dress. Only thing I didn't like is the make-up, I thought it was a bit too much... especially the color of the lipstick (not a big fan).

- I loved the way Leanne's makeup, dress and jewellery were put together. The simplicity highlighted even more of Leanne's beauty.

- The fabric designs is probably the reason why I like Sharon Chan's dress alot. The blend of greys are just really nice. The only concern I have with the dress is how short (the leg area) is :/

- Angela always manages to rock what she puts on, by giving it this sense of "attitude". Awesome choice of color too. Red definitely suits her!

Just Missing a Little
- Jessie Sum is a beautiful actress and I think she looks awesome in modern series. The dress's dark red also looked extremely well on her, but the I think an issue lies in the design of the dress. It looks really loose...as if it is about to fall off. If the waist area was tighter, it would make the dress looks less loose on her and that will look better.

- The color of Selena's dress if gorgeous. It brings out a really classic feeling, but yet....I do not like how the chest area of the dress is designed.

Worst Dressed
-hands down, I believe that Grace Wong was the worst dressed out of all. Her dress color is nice....but the dress is SUPER big along with the tons of layers!! Not a fan at all. Another thing is the make-up. I think she had put on a little bit too much....making her skin color (of the face and body) obviously inconsistent.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

i also thought kevin and raymond's chok poses were super cute!! heheh loved how raymond took out the chok sign hahaha

AC said...

Oh wow, I didn't know that you don't know cantonese! What language do you watch it in?

For some reason, I really like Grace's dress. It's kinda outrageous and interesting but I can see how people think it's ugly. I don't know why she cut her hair so short! Maybe it's for the policewoman series.

LynneD. said...

@Rachel: lols yah...he did it so randomly...in the cutest way ever!!!!

@AC: Haha I watched the gala in canto...without understanding it. I usually watch series in eng subs or vietnamese :)

I guess everybody has diff tastes :) I know!! I loved her long hair in GMG....but now it's gone :(

Post a Comment