Mysteries of Love Overview - Tavia/RAymond

This is an mv of FungYi I just made today (not only containing scenes from MOL but also Twins of Brothers). I also have another mv....of both BK and FungYi which I'll later post in the final review for MOL. Hope you guys like it!! Comments appreciated =)

[MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD]
[do not read if you haven't seen the series and intend to do so]

FungYi

Photobucket
Before this series had even started, I'd been going head over heels over FungYi :P This is the first time I've seen them, but they kinda fell short to my expectations. At first, they did met it....but towards the end, my feelings for FungYi went downhill....

FungYi started of as the most adorable pairing ever! Raymond was physically weak while Tavia was physically strong. I love how there personalities kinda mix and match.

How awesome was Awesome?

Photobucket
Tavia's character had quite a huge change towards the end. In the beginning, she was this super energetic and bubbly girl, who's passion was to be a good officer. When Raymond broke up with her, she began to show her weak side. Physically strong, she was emotionally weak. I was sad to see the bubbly Tavia disappear, but I do understand that a break-up isn't an easy thing to handle...Some girls can handle it, some girls just can't. I must say though, it's kinda stupid for her to cut herself...you should never harm yourself for someone else because it's not worth it. Rather trying to overcome it, she hurt herself even more than she already was....

During the part where Tavia and Raymond were dating, Tavia tried to change to 'fit' into the upper class for Raymond. I agree that for a relationship to work out, sometimes each partner have to give up something or change (Tavia trying to fit into the upper class, Raymond trying to make his parents understand....). But I think Tavia went a bit too far when she decided to not work in the C.I.D. and instead transfer into an office. It was her childhood dream, and I don't think that was the right decision to do, just to impress Raymond's parents.

Photobucket

I loved Tavia most after she started dating Raymond and became this cute an adorable character. She would often drift of into space and the most hilarious part was how she talked to a suspect they were talking too. She talked like a salesperson xP

Our Professor

Photobucket
They started out super cute! I love how the professor directly asked out Awesome without any hesitation. He's really not that shy at all xD

Raymond plays as a professor who mostly uses his time to stay in the lab. He is an old friend of Kenneth and would be helping him to solve cases. Raymond fell in love with Tavia and asked her to be his girlfriend. Unfortunately, they broke up due to their different backgrounds.

Raymond is a super genius but not really in his relationships.

Photobucket
When Raymond broke up with Tavia, I wondered how much he really loved her. During the break-up scene, I also thought if he knew what love truly meant beside it being as a formula. But I still do agree with him when he said for 2 people to be together, they still have to consider others (family) feelings. I really do have mix feelings for their break-up and Kingsley. At this point of the series, I think he's confuse about what love is because he's still the guy who truly believes everything can be explain by science.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
From a guy who believed everything can be explain with science, Raymond began to learn what love is....

After, Raymond wanted Tavia to accept him back. When he began asking for her back, I wondered did he want her back because his mom is ok with it (Tavia saved his mom, so his mom is ok with her now). His mom was the one who separated them in the first place and now since she's ok with Tavia, he wanted to get Tavia back? I thought his actions just weren't sincere enough...or did not show enough sincere. Tavia can't accept him back so easily...

When Tavia left for Australia (to escape from Raymond), he also went there and once again asked her to accept him back. At that moment, Tavia couldn't hold it in anymore and began telling him how much it effected her after their break-up. I could tell up until this point, Raymond didn't really know how much he really hurt her, and it only hit him when she showed him the scar on her hand.

During their break-up scene and this scene, he walked away saying sorry to her in both but the sorrys during this scene and the break-up scene was different. In the break-up scene.....his sorrys felt more like "I really can't do anything....". While his sorry during this scene was "I really hurt you too much..." (teary/red eyes too), simply showing his regrets. To me, this point was the sadest point in the entire series.

Now, the next scene I'll be talking about is what I thought to be the most heart-felt moment in the entire series. It is the part where Raymond went up to receive an award and how he had changed...

In 7 billion years, the sun will blow up.....and earth will end.

Photobucket
Speech: Raymond believed that anything can be analyze, but he've overturned that thinking. He stated as long as you've loved or been loved, the most precious thing can only be felt and experienced in your heart. There is no formula to it. Then he said because he was obstinate and didn't realize that before, it caused him to loose his girlfriend. If god could allow her to return to him again, if there's really incarnation, they can love each other forever....he can love her for 7 billion years more. He asked everybody in the audience if it's possible to make a time machine so that he can go back...to start over again with his girlfriend and to love her.

This speech made me....but of course most importantly Tavia, forgive him. During this speech, he was no longer the professor who explained love by science. He now explain it with his heart and experiences he had faced. I thought this speech was really touching. He really showed what he had learned about love and showed how much he regretted for not cherishing Tavia before.

I actually found him kinda selfish/annoying when he asked her back in the first place and kept on following her. I personally felt that he didn't show enough sincerity when he did just that. But during the speech, it was different. He really showed how Tavia meant to him and how much he want her back.....I finally like him again after this point.

The Proposal

Photobucket
Honestly speaking, I didn't really like the proposal part. I actually wished for the series to end after Raymond was on tv saying how he wanted to be back with Tavia. From last time when Tavia cried and told him how she could not accept him in Australia and he left......I thought that he should've of respect her decision and give her time. I mean.....how was he sure that Tavia was able to forgive him after the speech? and what if she'll break down like last time?

I thought that if they ended with the speech and Tavia tears, it would be more meaningful and will leave a more memorable ending for me. This series is about love and the speech explained what Ray had learned throughout his relationship with Tavia (which was really the focus of the series too).

But I guess tvb wanted a happy ending -.- lols I'm not a pessimistic person....but I don't like happy endings tvb (beside in comedies....or if it does fit the series) has because they're usually rush. I find memorable endings to be sad ones....like War and Beauty, Rosy Business, Ghost Writer and Catch Me Now. Happy endings that I do not like are probably MOL and Moonlight Resonance. Good and fitting (but not exactly memorable endings) would probably be Fistful of Stances (I find it cute and a settling ending....).

Overall on Tavia and Raymond

Photobucket
Though Tavia did cry alot, I can never find her annoying and most of the time, I'd cry along with her as well. Tavia was absolutely adorable in the first half of the series and I loved her so much. Sadly, my liking towards her kinda went down abit and only began to pity her. When I see her sad onscreen, I just wished to have the bubbly Tavia back again.....but sadly that never happened. Overall, not as great of a role as I'd hoped for. Tavia fans, I think you'd love to see a cute and adorable Tavia in the first half of the series.

I thought Raymond's role started really well in the beginning, but everything went down hill when he began dating Tavia. His character began to get boring and a teeny tiny bit annoying when he couldn't handle his relationship with Tavia. He didn't have enough personality....or 'layers' to is character. I know he's suppose to be a cool and calm professor......but come on, he have to have more emotions than that. When Tavia was poisoned.....I don't know if it's just me.....but he didn't show too much 'concern'. Well, he did show that he was concern.....but not enough that made me think that he loves Tavia. I mean come on, she was poisoned!!! He should have a bit more emotion than that. But he did show much when his mom was missing though....and that made me kinda upset for Tavia. He showed to be more like a friend to her for the last half of the series. Something I notice with Raymond.....he doesn't have much chemistry with his co-stars for some reason.

I found Raymond the best when he and Tavia was stuck in the mountains and how he took care of her when she was hurt. Love him during those parts! Showed that even though he might not be the strongest guy around, there's still alot he can do. Was sweet and the best scene between them I think =D

Their Story
Fell in love---date---family issues---break up---get back together
I thought their story was cute and sweet in the beginning, but it got boring when they broke up. Their story wasn't as touching either (break-up was sad...but not too special). An average storyline I guess. (I find it the best when they weren't dating and were just working on cases together. The time they're just crushing on each other.)

So yah...that's all. Sorry that it's abit long and I also apologize if I did offend any fans ^^: I kinda got carried away and might of been a bit mean towards Ray. I'd really want to hear your guys thoughts on FungYi too, so please write something if you can^

The left-over part for the MOL review will be up soon ;) Along with the polls. (NEW polls up!!!) =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment