Moonlight Resonance VS A Fistful of Stances

I remember writing a vs. post for MR and HOG way back when I started my blog and haven't another one since then...but now it's back :P

Lots have seen the familiarities between in Moonlight Resonance and A Fistful of Stances and I've seen them too. So I've decided to write this post.....which I have no idea how in the world it got so long x___x lols. I also tried to left out most of my opinions on the cast of AFOS because I'm going to be doing a review on them later =D

Here's some places I've seen this comparison between the 2 series. Take a peek ;) F.B.I, Iris and Wing-Yii (I can't seem to find her post now...) Also Madamleung's comparison between Rosy Business and AFOS.

We Shall Begin......

PhotobucketTavia Yeung in MR vs. Natalie Tong in AFOS
Both cried so much in their own series and were adopted daughters. They even fell in love with the first son (Moses/Kevin). Both Moses and Kevin liked an evil girl at first (Kate/Nancy) instead of them. Tavia was accused by Kate and Natalie was accused by Nancy. Kate said that Tavia is being a liar because Moses liked her rather than Tavia. Nancy was trying to get rid of Nancy because she knew that she liked Kevin too. Tavia supported Moses when his career was falling apart. Natalie supported Kevin through all his troubles.

When Tavia ran away from home, Raymond went to search for her. When Natalie was too afraid to stand up too all the paparazzi, Kenneth made her stronger. I think both in MR and AFOS, they both have a real strong bond with their second brother.

Even though, Natalie resembled Tavia in those aspects, I thought that their personalities were quite different. Natalie's personalities resembled more of Fala's in MR. Fala and Natalie aren't as rough compare to their other siblings and are rather somewhat shy.

On the other hand, Shirley's personality in AFOS resembled Tavia's in MR much more. They were both rather.....outspoken (but Shirley was exaggerated and too loud, Tavia wasn't like that.) I thought both were kinda stubborn too. Another familiarity would be their dating experience. In MR, before Tavia liked Moses, she dated this guy (again) who dumped her in high school. It was the same in AFOS when Shirley (re)dated Jack Wu even though he dumped her before.

Shirley Yeung and Jack Wu as a couple in both MR and AFOS.

PhotobucketRaymond Lam in MR vs. Kenneth Ma in AFOS
First off, who do I like better? I did like Raymond but his personality was just too 'good'. That makes his character rather boring and dull. While Kenneth on the other hand was also good, but they added witty to his personality. That makes Kenneth's more in-depth and his wit really makes me like him more.

At the same time, both greatly cares about their family. Both fell in love with a doctor who are both the daughters of an 'enemy'. That's about it for these 2.....

On a side note though, I thought that Kenneth resembles a teeny tiny bit of Moses in MR. Maybe because of their funny personality. Sometimes they might say they don't care, but they actually do. Another familiarity I found in them was the fact that both have an illness. Kenneth has asthma and Moses has this heart disease.

PhotobucketMoses Chan in MR vs. Kevin Cheng in AFOS
Moses and Kevin are both the first child. Both loved the evil girl and their adopted sister likes them. In MR, Moses was sent to Ha Yu's family and was unable to stay with his mother when he was young. In AFOS, Kevin was kidnapped and was separated from his mom/family.

PhotobucketSusanna Kwan in MR vs. Lee Shing Cheung in ASOF
I first noticed their familiarity since Lee Shing Cheung asked himself why he have to care so much about family's bonds (or something along those lines). That was the first thing that triggers my thoughts to MR. He is much alike Susanna Kwan in MR because both really cares about money and not to mention their loudness, but also the humor they brought. Lee Shing Cheung invested his money into the martial arts school while Susanna also 'invested' into the pastry shop. Both are the family businesses. In ASOF though, Lee Shing Cheung had limited screentime and his character wasn't as 'evil' as Susanna's character.

Susanna Kwan in MR vs. Angela Tong in AFOS
Beside Lee Shing Cheung, Angela Tong also resembled Susanna Kwan in some ways. Susanna helped her daughter Kate to lie and accuse Tavia in MR. In AFOS, Angela also did the same thing towards Natalie to help her sister (Nancy). At the end though, their covers were blown and their conscience returned.

PhotobucketWayne Lai in MR vs. Ram Chiang in AFOS
In MR, Wayne helped Susanna in order to get a job where his sister lives. Back in AFOS, Ram Chiang helped Angela Tong because he felt like he owned her. Both are characters I really like and in some ways pity. I find their similarities in the reasons why they lied, both did it because of someone they care about. I loved Wayne in MR and wished that he had more screentime in MR.

PhotobucketLinda Chung in MR vs. Selena Li in AFOS
Linda's character in MR wasn't the greatest and I'm happy that Selena's didn't turn out like that too. Both Linda and Selena plays as an doctor in their series. They fell in love with the second sons of the families that are considered to be their enemies. Unlike their 'families' though, both are kind hearted and stood up against their parents bad deeds.

PhotobucketKate Tsui in MR vs. Nancy Wu in AFOS
This pair would be the most similar to each other out of the rest of the cast. Kate and Nancy both pretended to be innocent but they weren't. Both lied to the elder brothers (Moses, Kevin) about their past and ended up making things up. They both felt the 'competition' with the adopted sister (Kate with Tavia/Nancy with Natalie). Both also forced their realtives (Susanna, Angela) to help them lie to the family.

PhotobucketMichelle Yim in MR vs. Dominic Lam in AFOS
Both acted 'nice' in front of everybody else, but the other families knew they were not. Michelle took their store's name and used it to expand her shops. Dominic on the other hand.....I think he stole their family medicine 'recipe'? I actually don't have much to say about these 2...

oh! Michelle Yim was pitied and was once part-ish of the family, but then she betrayed them......breaking their family apart. Dominic was also 'taken' in by Kevin's family but he also betrayed them and broke their family by killing their father. Both are selfish and only think of themselves without thinking the place they were at before the families helped them.


Tally Up the Points!!
Between Tavia and Natalie.....I cannot choose! I love both characters dearly and they are just too good to choose between.

Raymond and Kenneth though.........I choose Kenneth =D His character is much more interesting then Ray's. I find Ray's character rather 1 dimensional and boring.

Moses and Kevin.......Hehe, I have to say I like Moses. I dunno, I actaully do like Kevin's too, maybe because I'm quite bias towards Moses :/ And the way he blew Kate's cover for Tavia was too sweet.

Ahh..our 2 evilness, Michelle and Dominic........I can defintely say I don't like either of them. It's actually hard to choose but maybe...I give up. I actually can't way who. Who is villainer though? I'd say Dominic because he killed so many!! Honestly though, for evil...I'd say Eric Li's in AFOS. His stare, smile and bald head seriously scared me.....*shivers*

What about between Linda and Selena? Selena! *2 thumbs up!* lols, that's all I have to say.

Kate and Nancy? Eh, I'll say Nancy =D I didn't like how Kate turned all good in the end because it seemed kinda off.

AH! Wayne and Ram Chiang.....loved both =)

Angela and Lee Shing Cheung rather had small roles and not too much about them was shown. Susanna though, I did hate her at first but also found her kinda likable because she was quite funny. Though Lee Shing Cheung was also funny and I enjoyed him too xD

Between Fistful and MR, I do think that A Fistful of Stances is the better series. I thought both the story and characters developed better in there. More thoughts on Fistful will be in a later post =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment