River of Wine Thoughts - Ep5/6

Finally!! Got to watch the next few episodes of River of Wine!! Hehe, I'm really into Bowie's and Elena's story right now :)

Here are my thoughts on episode 5-6 (only got the chance to watch that much so far...)

Ok! Most exciting news is that Bowie's character got tuberculosis!! Omg it was so sad to see him cough day and night....And then it's just a heartache to see him and Elena together. When Elena first found out...you could see her eyes welling up in tears! Best and most emotional moment was at the end of episode 5. Bowie's aunt wanted him to marry someone to bring "luck" back into the household and Elena brought a bunch of info for him about the ladies. Understanding his sickness though, Bowie didn't want to ruin another's girl life (turning her into a widow...), so he declined any marriage. At the end....he told Elena, "Life is short. I'm happy just to spend every day...with the one that feels the same way as I do." (might be a bad translation since I copied the english sub....but you still have to agree that it's sweet.) Bowie was obviously directing the line to Elena. You could just feel the love they have for each other. They know that it is impossible for them to be "together", but as long as they can see each other being happy...I think that is enough for them. I teared up at this part....and will probably need a few boxes of tissue later on in the series because of them :(

Sire Ma finally appears in episode 5!! First thought that popped up when I heard her talk....she kinda reminded me of Fala Chen. I think it's the way she play her stubborn character. Anyways, I'm really enjoying Sire onscreen :) Haha she may be a bit stubborn...but I find her quite cute and is enjoying her scenes with Pierre Ngo. (think they'll make a really cute couple) Like her too, I do not like her dad :P

~her maid is the girl who play as the prostitute that MC Jin "used" in Lives of Omission! I find that she is quite cute. Any opinions on her?~

Aw....Nancy, Bowie and Sunny finally got together :) It felt really nice to hear Sunny calling Bowie, elder brother, again. I'm so glad that they didn't drag this issue on and on. So now, one problem solved...and more to come? :P

Pierre finally gets to talk to Linda!!!! But sadly ended up with a slap in the face :( I felt bad for Pierre but on the other had, I can understand why Linda did not believe him. It's hard to grow up losing a brother, but also to be repeatedly lied to...and ending hope with disappointment, it is better to believe that her brother is indeed dead. By the end of episode 6 though, Sire Ma's dad (the evil magistrate) seems like he got something up his sleeve. He's probably going to use Pierre to stir up trouble in the Sung's household...won't be a pretty sight. Right now, I'm just hoping that it won't drag the story down because so far, I'm really enjoying the series :)

~A question....um...we saw how Nancy helped Pierre. Later on...will she be taking him in as one of her "sons"? Cause there were clips of Nancy, Sunny, Bowie and Pierre emotionally together (in trailers or something)....and that made me think that Bowie, Sunny and Pierre were brothers. But that is not true...since Pierre is Linda's biological brother, which would not work out...since she's marrying Sunny. Wow...confusing. Guess I'll just have to watch...that'll clear my head. haha...~

Other Screencaps

1 comments:

JingMui said...

ahhh they are airing ROW so slowly hahaha!! i really want to read more of your thoughts.

I really liked episodes 06-09ish..i dont remember..

Post a Comment