Mid-Autumn ft Lanterns

Today is the mid-autumn festival!! (haha for some it might've been yesterday due to the time difference...) during this holiday, mooncakes will definitely come to mind but there is also the moon and beautiful lanterns.

Haha at where I live....we don't have those lantern festivals like many pictures on google shows when your searched the holiday up. I also have not even light up a lantern before....but I absolutely love them! At least I do have mooncakes though, which I don't actually eat (only think they're pretty...not a fan of the taste too much). Then there is the bright moon! For the past few days, the moon have been lighting up my room (super bright) and I've been staring at it x)

Now back to lanterns, when lanterns are mentioned, a few tvb series comes to my mind x) One of that is The Legend of Love (Sonija Kwok, Deric Wan, Leila TOng, Stephen Au etc) Though not mid-autumn re-lated, there was this one beautiful scene where the lanterns showed of their beauty :D

Deric (a normal human) and Sonija (weaving girl...fairy?) fell in love with each other but Sonija was forced to go back to Heaven and was "locked up". I found this scene rather sweet how Deric made alot of lanterns and flew them of into the sky. In the end, those lanterns ended up in heaven and Sonija was able to see them....and yadayadayada

I remember really loving The Legend of Love because it felt different from other series. The scenery filmed was beautiful and the effects worked nicely. It created a really fantasy-ish and heavenly feeling. The beginning of the series was refreshing....but I thought things kinda fell down when Deric and Sonija got married (also how Stephen fell in love with Sonija was rather sudden....and..abit unreasonable?). So yah...thought the series kinda dragged from there...but better near the ending. Of course, the ending was a happy one.....which though many complained, I was actually fine with it. One thing though....it just makes the original story abit...less emotional. If it was a sad ending, I think it would've left a greater impact on teh audience. Though the main couple is Sonija and Deric....I guess it just wasn't that memorable. From a previous post CLICK HERE, I've mentioned how touching the ending between Leila and Stephen was. They were my fav. couple despite the fact how much I loved Deric's and Sonija's beginning parts.

BESIDES tvb.....of course I also have a life outside of it too right? xP Haha....another lanterns scene that popped up in my head is the one in Tangled. Anybody watched this yet? If you have, then you definitely will agree with me! But if you haven't, I urge you to go and watch it right now! x) Haha I believe that the lantern scene in this movie is one of the most beautiful animation scene I've ever seen in my life! It just captures everything beautifully! You could say that it is...perfect :)

~Happy Mid-Autumn Everybody~
^-^

2 comments:

MMY said...

Wow,you posted Legend of Love !!!One of my fav series XD
Miss Deric so much !

LynneD. said...

:D

Post a Comment