Only You Overview

I know it took me awhile but I've finally finished Only You, and it is one of the most enjoyable series I've watched so far this year. I thought the characters were all lovable and we could see their development and change when it the series ended. Though some parts are only ok but there are parts that are really enjoyable =)

Kevin Cheng as Summer & Yoyo as Ah Man

This is my favourite character of Kevin Cheng up to date. There was a certain "attitude" added to Summer that made him really lovable unlike his other 'nice' main characters (like in Home Troopers). That "attitude" made the character more interesting to watch because we don't see it as a 1 dimensional character but there is more to it. It was good to see Kevin in this role because it made me like him more =)

Though Yoyo have played these loud/mouthy kind of characters before, this is simply the best out of all of them. Her clumsiness were funny and I love her "loud mouth" because it is super entertaining to see her argue with Kevin. They were simply adorable because they matched so well. Kevin is so relaxed and laid back while Yoyo is so hot-tempered and easily get irritated.

To be honest, when they started dating.....I didn't like it so much because I couldn't hear anymore of Kevin's backfiring comments on Yoyo and her mad face when he says them xP And when they were dating, something I felt missing was their understanding towards each other.....and that was what they realized toward the ending. Luckily they got back together again towards the ending. One thing I was really glad about the ending is that Yoyo and Kevin didn't have a wedding (typical ending) because to me, when they got back together, it was just taking the first step towards building up their trust and understanding of each other that have broken them apart in the first place.

Some Funny Moments

-Yoyo's Issues-

Haha in this part, Louise Lee set up a blind date for Yoyo with the first guy there (who's Kevin's friend). Later Kevin went up to Yoyo and gave her two tickets to the movie that his friend asked him to give her. lols Yoyo thought that he (the friend) wanted to ask her out to the movies and rejected....but that's not the situation. Kevin's friend actually had no interest in her and was afraid that she might be sad, so that's why he gave her the tickets :P lols Kevin just have to add in, "he's only into gentle girls". Indirectly saying that Yoyo's "mouthy/loud". xP

Haha, Yoyo is looking for a guy to be her "boyfriend" but unfortunately....nobody really wants to even though she was offering money xP Funniest was when she looked at Evergreen Mak!! But Krystal isn't about to lend off her husband anytime soon xD So funny how they laughed at her while running of!! Haha..Poor Yoyo!


Yoyo: It's all the men's fault!!! When they're 20, they date the girls in their 20s and when they're in the 40s or 50s, they also date girls in their 20s!!! Already in the 70s and 80s, they STILL date the girls in their 20s!!! So what about the girls in their 40s!?!?!?

Kevin: Let me clarify this, I'm not like that and not every guy is like that.

Yoyo: Tell me then! Don't think I don't know that men chooses women like her waists!!! They won't take women after 24, so who will take those who are 42!?!?

Kevin: 42...? You're still in good shape!

Yoyo: You're 42!!!!!! (part where she jumps up like crazy)

Lols this was hilarious!!! You have to love Yoyo and Kevin in here :D Love the part where Yoyo revealed her age and Kevin's reaction. Haha...Yoyo's ramblings were also funny. She looked like her veins were about to pop xP


-A Lesson Taught-

Krystal's 'son' is dating a girl....but later found out that there's something wrong with that girl.

Krystal: You're not upset that he broke up with you?

Miki: No. Even though we broke up, we're still friends. I still care about him very much. I phoned him many times everyday. If there's time I'd wait for him after work but I don't know what's wrong with him. One day he committed suicide by jumping of the building. If only I talked with him more...it wouldn't have happened.

Lols Miki was so calm when she talked about this...it's obvious that she's the one who caused her boyfriend to commit suicide xP haha her story is my favourite because it's quite....."different" to see. Not to mention I was watching this part during the night time....so got scared abit xD This sub story reminds us that you can't just randomly date a stranger or have any one night stands because there are consequences to that.

-Messing with Krystal-

Lols the guys were planning to go see a wrestling match behind the ladies back in Macau...but were caught ;) Krystal had such a lovable character in here. I love her glares because they aren't actually scary...but rather funny to see xD

Krystal: You guys like free-style fighting?? We'll have a free fight!! *the ladies throws the guys to the ground and starts beating them up*

After the beatings (explains the bandage on Evergreen's forehead.)

Evergreen: How much money?

Krystal: 8800HKD

Evergreen: So expensive!?!?

Krystal: Not at all. A purse and 2 new pairs of shoes costs around that price. If you think that it's too expensive....on the check, you don't have to write my name but you can write the lawyer's name. A divorce only cost 8800HKD.

Evergreen: Of course it have to be your name! A purse and 2 pairs of shoes....8800HKD is not expensive at all.

Haha I thought this scene was really cute xD Krystal is so calm and poised!


The Ending of Kaka and King.....How do you think of it?

First of all, I got the spoilers before I actually watched it and it was....unexpected. Especially when a series is comedic/light-hearted, this scene was too much for me to take in. At first, I thought that it probably had a purpose for this accident to occur....but when I watched it, it was completely random....? Kaka and king at alot of fights since the beginning but they manage to get engage....and during the preparation of the wedding, we saw how much King love Kaka when he took on the extra job for them to have the perfect wedding. Then we see Kaka's changes. Up to there, their story is already perfect as it can be because both of them understood what it takes to mantain a relationship. Beside your own, you should also consider your partner's feelings....

So isn't that already the morale of the story??? Why the car accident?? How did it help with anything??

They say it was meant to tell everybody that they should cherish the one they love....but the car accident (minor) with King already stated that didn't it? The only connection I see of the crash with the series is the fact that it pulled Kevin and Yoyo back together. Though I can see that point, I thought the crash and deaths of King and Kaka were to extreme.

Between Kevin and Yoyo, I think Kevin is the more inconsiderate one (not to say he is inconsiderate...just saying that I think Yoyo saw the "reality" more than him b/c I thought he was abit to fantasized..aka..always in his "own world")....so if the car crash happened to Yoyo (not to the point of death though), the point of "cherishing the person in front of you" would be more acceptable (even though this is really typical in series). Or she could've even tripped down the cliff-ish place they were at for the photoshoot of King and Kaka (makes sense since Yoyo trips alot...), and Kevin could have tried too catch her hand and they would fall down together (not dead in the end though). Hmm...that tripping at the cliff thing...I think that would work out. *sigh* Overall, was really upset about King's and Kaka's ending since I thought they went through even more than Kevin and Yoyo, to get together.


A line that I really like is....
"It's easy to start a relationship but maintaining it is the hard thing to do."

Do you guys agree with this? I totally agree and I think the series really discussed this question alot. There are alot of things that can cause a relationship to go wrong such as trusting, understanding, values, personality and etc. Louise Lee and her husband fell apart because there was no trust between the two of them. Yoyo and Kevin broke up because they had their own viewpoints and values that could not fit together. Kaka and King along with all the other couples lacked the understanding with their partners and there were some personality clashes. In the end, it's either a break up for a make up. On one hand though, break ups aren't always bad because maybe that person wasn't really the "right" person for you, and take Louise Lee and her husband as the example for that.

Hairstylist: I don't get it. Yuen, you are giving up everything for the relationship, your time, money and freedom but you're unhappy. Summer, you're not giving up anything but you're also unhappy. So should we give our all for love or not?

I think the problem with them is that in their relationships, only one is trying to compromise the other. But in a relationship, it requires the work of two....

So how can we really find the right one for us? I don't think there is really an answer for that, because everybody can only learn it through their own experience.

OVERALL - It is a recommended series to watch. Only You is relaxing, entertaining and sweet.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

yes! you finally wrote this!!! :D yay! i really like this character of kevin too! i thought they made such a cute couple!! thanks for including all of those memorable scenes! makes me want to watch it again! hahah :) i thought kaka and king shouldn't have had the ending that they did..after all they went through...so sad :( but i love this series!! :)

CapriSun said...

Totally agree with your review! Yoyo and Kevin makes a great couple. Took me a while to realize they were in The Last One Standing together.

LynneD. said...

@RAchel: Haha sorry for the long wait xD The death was really unexpected....it's just way to extreme for such a light hearted series ><

@CapriSun: Were they good in the The Last One Standing, I heard the series really good but haven't watch it myself.

Snow said...

awww i loved this one! made me all fuzzy :)) at first it seemed like this series without those family drama plots like HOG or MR would be boring with 30 eps but i loved, loved it!

Last One Standing is AWESOME! watch it!!!

LynneD. said...

lols I never thought that...i only thought that it might turn out silly xD But ur right...really fuzzy and warm <3 I kinda miss it after it ended.....

haha I really should xD heard it's suspenseful!

Post a Comment