Year End Round Up 09 verion 2....more detailed ;)

2009 Highlights

Rosy Business
I'm pretty sure that this series is quite popular to everybody here. One of the greatest hits of 2009 that had one the title Best Series and gave the leading actress and actor the award Best Actress and Best Actor of 2009 at the tvb award ceremony. I absolutely agree with the awards and was extremely happy.

Rosy Business was an engaging series that I was really into during 2009. It was highly anticipated because it was Wayne's first leading role and not to mention his costar is Sheren Tang. I knew the acting was going to be good but I didn't know that the storyline was so great as well. I remember watching each episode and would be wanting for another one. The story surprised me and it was quite refreshing to see too. Now in 2010, it is to release another series with the same cast (I don't think we can really call it a sequel?) and the trailer looks really interesting basing on the Japanese war time. Going to be released in October, I really looking forward to it!

EU (Emergency Unit)
Another engaging series of the year. I personally think that EU along with Rosy Business are the 2 greatest series of the year. I remember the beginning of last year was quite depressing for me. During that time, I had nothing to watch due to the only series that were out there were ones I didn't like. At first, I didn't intend to watch EU because I wasn't really into cops stories (they usually bore me for some reason) and won't say that it's sequel was one of my fav either. But then....one day I saw my parents was watching it...and they asked me where to watch eng subs....figure out that they couldn't wait for the viet subs....because they were kinda caught by it xD

I then started watch likng it myself...and still remember the time when the first thing I did when I got home was to watch it....think I was on ep9 at that time. Though the story is kinda vague to me right now, I know that it was really good and I gripped on to each episode.

Hype of Chai Kau and Laughing Gor
Was I 'that' hyped about them? Well...no. I thought the were great and well-written character and also the fact that Wayne Lai and Michael Tse finally got their recognition over these years was really really well deserved, I wasn't as craze as other fans have been =)

D.I.E Again
It was an entertaining and comedic series. At first I didn't finish it because my interest kinda faded away but then after hearing many good stuff about it, I decided to watch it again. Haha, I really really enjoyed it. it was a good comedy and I absolutely love the new supporting casts, Him Law, Macy Chan, Zac Kao and Jessie Sum. They gave a refreshing cast to the audience and were all really cute characters. Of course you cannot forget the leader of the DIE group, Lo Sir acted by Samuel Kwok Fung!! he was absolutely hilarious in there! This is a good comedy series if you are looking for one^^

Charmaine Sheh and Dayo Wong
Charmaine Sheh and DAyo Wong as the refreshing new couple in You're Hired. I thought the series itself was good and entertaining but won't be without this couple! I'm a big fan of Dayo and absolutely love him with every series. I never get bored of his roles even though they always resemble each other. I love how he always only way the same shirt, sweater and everything during the whole entire series! Charmaine was given a refreshing character in here that I've not seen her act before. She usually plays dramatic characters so I'm happy to see this comedic side of her ;) And her wardrobe was absolutely fantastic!! I love all of her clothings so much and wish that I could own them too xD Together, they made this cutest pairing that I don't think I'll ever forget. Especially with the sweet scenes they shared...if only they had even more and more!!

A Great Way to Care
Ok not an absolutely must watch but I must say it was pretty good (main characters....were quite boring though). The stories in here were interesting and refreshing to see. I remember I was totally into it. You can see more my thoughts on it through these old posts. I never did a review on it though, mostly scenes of Raymond and Vivien. Here.

Series that were'nt that great..
Dislikes: -Wong Hei's stubborn personality. -Love triangle between Myolie, Wong Hei and Kevin...absolutely draggy. -Middle part of the series....where there was no Wong Hei D=

The beginning of the series was actually good but then the middle sucked the life out of the series because it only talked about the love triangle. Gladly, near the ending it got better ;)

Greatness of a Hero
I expected too much and didn't got enough back. When I first started, the themesong captured my heart, but then as the story continues...it got quite boring. For some reason I really didn't like Kent...his expressions are somewhat the same to me. But then I really liked Sunny and Bernice as a pair. I was so sad how Sunny just dies like that!!! Really!? That's the best they could do for his death? Then there was Sonija, her ending was so sad. Her scene in jail and execution is the most memorable to me.

Series that I did not Watch

- The Threshold of a Persona Why? Didn't found the storyline to be interesting....
-Born Rich Why? Watched Beyond instead....
-In the Chamber of Bliss Why? I usually not interested in period dramas....but then I've heard that this series was quite good. I might watch it in the future. Any opinions on this?
-The Stew of Life Why? I didn't find the genre interesting....and for some reason I'm never really interested in Louis Lee.
-Just Love 2 Why? No interest.

Started But Never Finished

-The King of The Snooker Why? I can't even remember....
-The Gem of Life Why? Watched it but stopped because 1)the business bored me and 2) wayyy to long for me. I think the only series I can watch that long are comedy ones....aka sitcoms.
-A Bride for A Ride Why? Got to silly and uninteresting (after Sammul's girl identity was revealed) for me...-Sweetness in the Salt Why? I can't remember....I do know I did watch the ending though, but that was all..
-Man in Charge Why? Can't remember either...
-The Winter Melon Tale Why? No point...lame.

OMG I just found out I already did a post of 2009 stuff HERE so...this post is just going to be the more 'detailed' version of it ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment