A Great Way to Care 2 - Monkey's Death

Before finishing Seasons of Love, I decided to watch A Great Way to Care 2 :P Surprisingly, I am quite enjoying the series despite the fact that the cases are recycled from the prequel. Finished up to 5 episodes today, which is a very good record for me!

While I did not like the fact that Monkey's (Kate Tsui) not included in the sequel, the transition to the knowledge of her death was well written. I first expected them to show Monkey's accident, but instead, she's already dead before the series started! Quite surprising since they showed how normal Alex was acting; he was furnishing their home, happily getting his motorcycle license and even waking up to her voice calls. Fact is, all along he've been telling himself that everything is 'ok' and tried to continue the life that he wanted with Monkey. I found this to be very an effective delivery of her death.

As I've mentioned before, Alex went on with his (and Monkey's) life even when she died. And according to his friend, Ram Tseung, Alex did not shed a tear since her death (4 months ago). This worried Ram and he kept on telling Alex to face the fact that Monkey is gone. In reply to that Alex said that he knows that Monkey is dead and even described the (psychological) process of his healing since her death. When I heard him reason with Ram and describing the stages of his recovery, it was truly sad to him in such a position.

And of course, the most heart-breaking scene is when Alex broke down into tears after reading Monkey's letter. It was well-acted by Alex and I teared along with him...A very emotional and memorable moment for me.  Even up until episode 5, I still think this is the best scene so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment