[News] 'Flower King' Bobby Au-Yeung: Jessica Hsuan is the meanest co-star!

Bobby Au Yeung has been acting for 30 years and been in numerous series. He has entertained an unlimited number of audience over the years and is the audiences' "Happy Fruit". Although his body figure is 'growing' every day, but the FaDans he co-stars with are getting young and younger. Lately, his youngest co-star is Linda Chung, who is 23 years his junior, that honestly makes people jealous.

BOBBY: I've been in a countless number of series and have paired up with many different FaDans, and they're even getting younger and younger too. Indeed, people envy me, but what's interesting is I never had a rumor. Perhaps everyone knows I had a girlfriend all along, then after I got married, I had a wife. Also I have a good record, so the female artists that collaborate with me can always relax.

When speaking of my youngest co-star, you can say she's Linda Chung in the latest series House of Harmony and Vengeance. Although our age gap is huge, there is no generation gap between us at all. Perhaps she matured early, whereas I matured late. Linda is a very gentle, but playful little girl and because of this we had a pleasant collaboration. Just like the bed scene we had, it was about her moaning while taking off her clothes after being drugged. Before the shoot, she asked me how she should approach the scene. Linda has never been drunk before, so she didn't know how to do the moaning. I taught her to scream the word "two" in Mandarin, but unexpectedly she sounded pretty good screaming that "two" and we completed the scene in one take.

Aside from Linda, I don't know why the female artists I work with, are all mean women. Perhaps I'm too naughty, and if not mean enough, I can't be tamed!


Jessica Hsuan - No One Dares to Touch her Chair

The meanest is definitely Jessica Hsuan. I have the guts to say that it is all because Jessica can joke the most. She is so mean, the whole industry knows. When we were shooting A Pillow Case of Mystery II, each artist had their own work chair, for the sake of convenience. After work, we leave the chair at a public area in TVB City, and on the next day anyone can just take the chairs to use. My work chair is fairly new and clean, but one time I didn't have to work for a week, and didn't want others to use my chair, Jessica suggested: "You write my name on it, no one will dare touch it!" I wrote Jessica's name on a piece of paper and drew a skull with cross bones below it. Results, when the week went by, the chair really was left untouched. Touch Jessica Hsuan's chair? You really haven't died before! Haha...

Let me give Jessica some justice, she's actually not mean. She's just someone who has a lot of principles. She will absolutely not let others borrow her chair because she believes the chair is a very personal article. If you want a chair, bring one yourself. Well, she's not wrong at all.


So Wet No Bra To Wear

Jessica is really a playful person. When I was shooting A Recipe from the Heart, there was one scene where John Tang and I had to use a cup of water to wake up the passed out Jessica. I suggested we put water in our mouths and then spray it on Jessica to wake her up, that's how cravings are satisfied! Jessica didn't have a problem with that, and I thought to myself since she's so quick and easy, I'll take it to the max. First I'll chase her around spraying her with the cup of water, then hide a bucket of water under the sofa. Jessica saw something was wrong and avoided the 'trap', but I still dumped the bucket of water on her back. She was completely soaked and the outcome of that scene turned out really good. Jessica was not upset at all, she just told me off when we got to the costume room: "You should have told me earlier that you were gonna dump the water on me, I didn't bring an extra 'Ba Ba' (bra). What am I going to do now that I'm all wet!" Only Jessica can be that playful, we are like a family. We don't get upset after playing.


Esther Kwan "Explodes the Room"

In fact, what I really want to do is find a boyfriend for Jessica. Unfortunately all the men around me are married. I told her to wait and see which one of them divorces. Many people apparently think Jessica is a dog lover, so any who's a dog lover like herself will be right for her, but she shocked everyone. Even her ex-boyfriend, the South African veterinarian (Ruan), couldn't handle her. I think only a lion tamer can handle her, tame her with a lash!

The second meanest is Esther Kwan. She really can't take any jokes, only Nick Cheung can deal with her, everyone else are just going to die if they tried. When we were shooting Legendary of the Four Aces, one time she had a scene with Nick. At the time they were already living together, Nick told her to go back to TVB City to do her hair first, then he'll go later. When Esther finished setting her hair, the PA (assistant director) suddenly said Nick got sick and passed out. I saw Esther rush out to get her car, at the time she didn't know what was going on and only saw Nick at the studio later that evening. She said you know how big of a mess I was in this morning? Esther was so upset she rushed back home, kicked the bedroom door loudly, and yanked the covers off, at the time it was cold weather too, Esther shouted: "Sei Lo (bad man), you can even prank me!" It's really like wow that can happen? They are a match from heaven, no one can replace them.


Yoyo Mung very open testing the kiss

In my theory, [my] mouth and face on the side, it looks like salted pancakes all piled together. What's so great about kiss scenes? You think it's Michael Tao? He has a taller nose, a sharper chin and better skin, his side face kiss scenes are pretty good to watch. I saw his kiss scenes with Flora Chan and Jessica Hsuan, it really looks smooth and free. When it was my turn to shoot a drunken kiss scene with Ada Choi in Armed Reaction 3, we completed the scene first by a kiss on the cheek, then the forehead and then finally a hug. All you have to do is display the feelings, there is no need for an intense kiss. Even the director couldn't refute.

But, later I had another kiss scene with Yoyo Mung. It was only then that I learned kiss scenes could be rehearsed! That time, we were at Tsim Sha Tsui shooting a kiss scene on the busy streets. Before we started shooting, I was so nervous, I walked back and forth, drinking water and eating gum. Yoyo came over to provoke me, "What? You really nervous? Got bad breath? You're eating so much gum. Seeing you so scared, there's not many people around now, want to give it a try?" You can rehearse a kiss scene too? Usually, I don't rehearse these scenes, only when we actually start shooting, I do the kiss. Fine! I gave it a try, she kissed me, and asked me if it felt good. I said it's good. She even asked me if I wanted to try another time? Usually after completing the scene, the actor would act like a gentleman and thank the actress. To my surprise, after we finished, I said thanks, but she says thank you back to me. What girl would say that? She's just unbelievable!

Later when I was shooting House, Yoyo saw me at the makeup room and said: "Hey! It's so miserable being a woman, you were just kissing me before, and now a few years later, you get to pair up with Myolie Wu and Linda Chung." I purposely said, "Yup, in the next few years you'll be my stepmother!" Just to upset her.

Profile
Name: Au-Yeung Tsan Wah (Bobby)
Age: 50
Background: Joined TVB's Acting Training Class in 1982. From playing small roles to supporting roles, he finally got a lead role in 1995's File of Justice. In 1997, he won 'Most Comedic On-Screen Duo' with Esther Kwan for Taming of the Princess and then the 'Best Actor' award in 2000 for his role in Witness to a Prosecution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jessica and Yoyo shares their Bobby stories

Jessica: "I had a kiss scene with Bobby one time, and before the shoot, he circled the director 10 times. He was constantly trying to convince the director to cancel the scene, but in the end the director did actually cancel it. I saw Bobby going in circles, it was just so funny. I haven't turned my back on him yet and he's not willing to kiss me."

Yoyo praised Bobby as a good partner and with him around, she has never been bored on the set. One time Bobby found her car keys and planned to prank her with it. When they were getting off work in the middle of the night, he insisted that he'll accompany her to her car. He thought she'll freak out when she can't find her keys, but little did he know, Yoyo was calm and pulled out her keys right out of her pocket. Bobby was startled and took out the keys he picked up, "Then who's keys are these?" It turns out, before when Yoyo was filming with Alex Fong, he would hide her keys to prevent her from leaving early. Since then, Yoyo always carried spare keys to work. Couldn't believe she pranked Bobby back with it that time, she laughed: "I really have to thank Alex Fong!"

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums


Thoughts: Lols this article is funny to read :) I love the "insiders" stories Bobby, Jessica and Yoyo told. I've always thought Jessica and Bobby as good brothers as there are often photos of them playing around with each other :) Jessica's playfulness resembles Tavia's too, since Tavia is often very playful with her co-stars too. Haha my recent favourite pairing with Bobby is definitely Yoyo Mung. lols her story of Bobby's prank backfiring him is funny :P Smart that she always keep a spare key ;) Bobby have such a playful nature, filming with him must be really fun x)

I love these behind-the-scenes stories of the artistes. Prefer them over the rumours/scandal stories :P haha...

0 comments:

Post a Comment