Kevin Cheng...a Singer?

I am mostly neutral towards Kevin.  Don't hate him, nor is he my favourite.  I guess he's in the like section...?

Anyways, decided to write this post because I found out something quite shocking (or at least to me it is)!!  Kevin used to be a singer!?!?  o.O  Omg...came buy this super old video...and he's the singer!!  I never knew this!  I thought his singing is just average....but wow.  Am I the oblivious one?  :P


Kevin looks so young in here!!! lols of course since this music video was made way back...

Using the universal information source, wikipedia :P Here are some info:

Albums
1993: Kevin 鄭嘉穎 - self-titled debut album
1994: 全因身邊有你 (All Because of You By My Side)
1994: 夢想國 (Dreamland)
1995: 誰(比你)更重要 新曲精選 (No One is More Important Than You) - new songs plus compilation album
1997: 因爲愛上你 (Because I Have Fallen for You) - mandarin album
2006: 無可奈何 (Can't Endure)
2006: Kevin 鄭嘉穎新曲加精選 - new songs plus compilation album

*shock* Why in the world did I never know this??? lols..so why does tvb not ask him to sing more? Haha...when you think of singers in tvb, Raymond Lam tend to pop up first :P Would never imagine Kevin is also a singer...wow.

Something more recent....from 2012 functions etc



Must point out that he is wearing a jean sweater under his suit. Lols I found that funny x)





I remember sharing this one already...since I remember liking it (the duet with Myolie) xD

More on Kevin's Past...
"When Cheng was 16 years old and still studying high school in Hong Kong, he participated in TVB New Talent singing contest. However, he dropped out mid-way because he was not ready for a singing career at that time. When he moved back to Hong Kong again in his early 20's after the death of his father, he decided to continue his pursuance of a singing career. Cheng signed a contract with the record label PolyGram in 1993 and released his debut album in the same year to mixed reviews. He was seen as a newcomer with good potential and managed to bag several Best New Artist awards in 1994. Cheng's manager then changed gears and pushed him towards the Taiwan entertainment industry. Cheng moved to Taiwan and released several Mandarin albums and dramas there, all of which brought in only mediocre success for his career."

***credits wikipedia

To add on to this...I gave Kevin little credit before. When he won the Best Actor award in 2006, I thought it was outrageous (and it still is). But now knowing that Kevin had started off in small roles beforehand...makes things a little easier (little...just a little...b/c I still think the award is undeserving). Last year's award though, Best Actor of 2011...is deserving. He came a long way didn't he? ...I just never noticed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment