Partir, c'est mourir un peu...

Why the heck is the title in french? And if you don't know french, what in the world does it mean?

In french class, our teacher told us "Partir, c'est mourir un peu." What does it mean? It means, "To leave, it is to die a little."

After five years, we are finally graduating and to be honest, it's a good breather to get away from the place you've been at for so long. On the other hand, I have to admit I will miss the usual daily life with my friends and teachers. Leaving can be both good and bad...but either way, it still hurts a little. Once we take our steps out of the building, that had entrapped us for these five years, in June, there will be excitement, sense of freedom and the "yes!! I'll never have to come back here again!!". But when we look back, I know I will miss the fun times in class, the friends and the teachers and a little of myself, that I would leave behind with the highschool memories.

Commencement. A ceremony where we were all handed our diploma to recognize our graduation. The word "commencer" in french? It means "to start". So the word commencement originated from the french word, commencer. Though this event may mark the end of my highschool years, it's not really the end but truly a new beginning...

0 comments:

Post a Comment