THE START OF 2012...

This year's series are not as bad as I had expected :) From top to bottom, ranks my favourite series to least..so far.

The Hippocratic Crush - I just finished it!!! Omg, this series kept me chasing one episode after another (same goes to Bottled Passion)! I also can't believe how much I cried while watching this...which also happened when I watch Bottled Passion. I love both series very much but HC is ranked higher because I thought the pacing was a bit faster, while BP started of with a slower pace. Another reason would be the endings....

Anyways, HC is arguably the best series so far for 2012. The casts all did a wonderful job, and the story was neither draggy or had a bad ending. Some tvb series start of great....but it tend to fall apart near the end...quite upsetting. Luckily that did not happen to HC though :)

Bottled Passion - Even though it was aired back in 2011 (December)....I'm still going to count it into 2012. Anyways, first series that aired after the tvb 2011 awards...in quite a bad time slot, but exceeded many expectations, including mine! Hands down this is way better than the two anniversary series tvb aired :P

One sad thing I'd like to mention though....I still have not watch it's last episode! After reading some spoilers, I didn't have the heart to watch the last episode Q.Q It would crush me seeing Tung Pun-Sin's and Tsu Sum's separation.....

When Heaven Burns - I was quite hesitant to either place WHB before WAS or not :/ But decided to put it before, even though I did not watch the whole thing. I personally think it takes quite a bit of patience to watch this series (not to mention it also had 30eps!), which I did not have. With the scenes I caught though, the series is very nice...and gave of a different feeling from other tvb series. The whole story isn't driven by anticipation/excitement (not much action/drama etc)....but is very settle...slowly revealing the character thoughts and feelings. The characters does not "speak out loud" much of their feelings either...and that requires the audience to figure it out for themselves.

There are also alot of switch back and forth of the present and the past (not the usual black tint version though), which can cause some confusions (I remember I was so confuse at one part...had to replay it over 2 times to get it ^^;;). So yah, that's the overall thought/feeling WHB gave me when I watched it.

Overall thumbs up filming angles/music etc of the series. Though the slow pace was not considerably desirable along with the frequent changes between the past and present, I appreciate the underlying message...which probably differentiate for everyone? :) Something new from tvb...and the ending was beautifully done.

Wish and Switch - This is one of those series that have a good beginning....but crashes near the last five episodes. Overall, entertaining to start...but was way too rushed (messed up) later on :( I love Selena Li in here though! Really enjoyed her story with Vincent, which could have used a little bit more screen time. It did get annoying towards the middle parts.....I'll write a review on this series later :)

Let it Be Love - Eh? I started the series but never finished it....cause I felt it was quite draggy/repetitive. Beside that though, I liked all the stories of the couples. Especially the story of the tall girl and short guy because I really love how they first met in their wheel chairs. Meeting then, they had no differences. Sadly after they recovered and no longer needed the wheelchairs, the obvious issue arise when they saw each others height. Though I might not have finish this series, it is not bad but enjoyable at times because I can find a connection between me and the stories.

L'Escargot - ouch! I couldn't go on any further after Linda and Ron broke up because I could not handle the drama. Not to mention it aired during my exams time...when I needed a comedy to relax myself :) So therefor watched Wish and Switch instead :P And another thing, it has 30 episodes...and for most series that are that long, I tend to skip them ^^;;;

****NOT FINISHED WATCHING****

Queens of Diamonds and Hearts - I guess it's enjoyable so far? I just personally dislike comedic ancient dramas because it tend to exaggerate. Beside that, I view the folk tale of Wu Yen as a more meaningful story that requires a more in-depth...storyline. Hmm..I guess that's why I like Marianne Chan's Love is Beautiful.

2 comments:

AC said...

I totally agree about Wish and Switch! It's like they forgot they were a comedy and Johnson's character got way too creepy at the end. I wish they kept it light-hearted and funny all the way.

LynneD. said...

I know right -.- They probably wanted to make it "dramatic"....which obviously failed :P

Post a Comment