[News] Flora Chan declines to go back to TVB

Flora Chan was once a TVB first line FaDan, but recently she switched over to the Mainland market. She is currently in Beijing shooting for a new series Mother In Law is Coming (丈母娘來了). The recent poaching crisis has left TVB scrambling to convince their artists to stay and bring back more talents. Flora admitted TVB recently invited her back to sign a long contract, but she didn't want to be restricted, so she declined the offer. Even if there is money, she rather have her freedom and focus on her family. Flora said: "If my schedule allows, I will consider shooting another TVB series."

Flora expressed she turned down several TVB series in the past because most of the roles required her to cry and weep, which greatly separates her from reality. For example, she turned down Born Rich before because the role went through too many ups and downs, perhaps she had to do rape scenes or fail in her career. Flora is no longer interested in these types of roles.

It was rumored that Flora was the financial support for her entire family after marriage. She said: "The rumor is false. I don't want to say too much. I just feel very happy now and I'm just out working now purely for my own interest." Asked if she's as powerful as in the series when with her husband at home? Flora laughed: "I have my own opinions, but I will also be a virtuous wife."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Thoughts: I do miss Flora Chan. Thought she retired...but apparently not :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment