At the Edge of Tear - Tavia in Land of Wealth

In Land of Wealth, Tavia and Steven loved each other.....but due to family problems (or was it some misunderstanding?), they got seperated and Tavia married Moses. Neither Moses nor Tavia loved each other though. Moses only love Sonija....who became his mother in law. Come to think of this, back then.....marriages did not involve love did it? Maybe some...but probably not many.

Towards the end of the story though....Tavia got poisoned in prison. At that moment, she called out Moses name. Did Tavia truly loved Moses in the end....I've always wondered that. Before that poisoned scene....I've always thought that Tavia was only playing her role as a dutiful wife, but her last speech changed my mind.

This is what she said to him:

Tavia: Can you promise me one thing?
Moses: Say it, I'll promise you anything.
Tavia: I know that you married me because of Ding Fung Shing. You never really loved me. After I die, you have to marry the one you truly love. No matter who it is that you love, I'll be happy for you (Tavia looks at Sonija).
Moses: I've already said it already. Why don't you understand. We've been married for so long, the closest person to me is you and the only one in my heart is you.
Tavia: Really?
Moses: For this lifetime, you are my only wife...and that will never change.
Tavia: Where's our baby?

Tavia reaches over to touch their baby one last time.......

Before Tavia died, the person she wanted to see was Moses. That showed that she truly loved her in the end. What about Moses though? He loved Sonija so much before...in the end, I still feel that he loves Sonija. It is also evidenced that she still love him too....but some things are just not meant to be, and I guess they understood that.

*sigh* This scene used to make me tear up so much.....but lately, I've become less emotional as I was before, so while taking these screencaps, I didn't have tears running down my face =) What made me cried though, is what Tavia asked Moses to do. She cared for him very much.

It takes a great amount of effort to find the "right" person, but even if you did....a small misunderstanding could change everything. Though I wish there were fairytales ending...the chances for that are quite low isn't it? Haha...or am I just being too negative? What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never watched this, but i had tears just reading your post. How was Tavia's performance?

LynneD. said...

Distant memory...but I don't think Tavia's acting was anything special in there. It was really this scene that made her shine =)

It's really a series more on government and businesses....so I mostly skimmed through the series back then xD

btw..haven't seen u in the games lately?

Post a Comment