Ghost Writer to have a Sequel

Photobucket
Due to the high ratings that the finale for TVB series <> was able to achieve (average 36 points, peaking at 41 points), a celebration ceremony was held yesterday for the cast and crew. The 3 main leads of the series – Steven Ma, Fala Chen, and Linda Chung – as well as producer Leung Choi Yuen were among those in attendance.

At the event, Producer Leung took the opportunity to announce that in addition to plans for a sequel to be filmed next year, the series will also be turned into a live stage play, which will also happen next year. Producer Leung also said that he believes Steven Ma has a good chance of becoming “TV King” at this year’s awards ceremony based on his performance in >.

Upon hearing about the plans for a sequel as well as a stage version to the series, Steven expressed that he is very happy with the opportunity. As for Producer Leung supporting him for this year’s “TV King” award, Steven replied: “Shooting a series is like waiting for the results of final exams – the results are not up to the person to say. If I think about it too much and get my hopes up, there is more chance for disappointment, but if I don’t think about it, there is more chance for a surprise. Therefore, I choose not to think about it…also, for the past couple years, the award has been within reach for me and it’s been very close.”

Fala revealed that next year, she will have the opportunity to venture into the music industry in addition to continuing with filming series, however she did not think that she would also get the opportunity to work in theatre as well: “I just found out about the plans for a stage version right now. This means that next year, I will be ‘wearing several hats’ – I will definitely need to make sure I manage my time well.”

As for Linda, she did not seem too excited about filming a sequel to <>, perhaps because she had insomnia when filming the original series: “It’s not that I don’t want to do a sequel – as long as my character gets to be truly ‘human’ and is not involved with a lot of ghost and spirit related things, then that’s fine, because I really don’t want to get insomnia again.”

Source: Mingpao
http://asianfanatics.net

THoughts:

Congrats to the casts of Ghost Writer for the high ratings xD

I do support Steven to win tv king this year! Though I might say....there's going to be alot of competition this year. Can't Buy Me Love is going to be airing in august, so that gives Moses Chan a chance. Then in October, Righteous Sea of Heroic Love is airing sometime ....so therefore will give Wayne Lai a chance. Then the hyped of Mysteries of Love...I think Raymond's going to be in the race too? .......I think A Fistful of Stances was kinda forgotten though.....cause Kenneth did a great job too! Anyways, can't wait for the awards ceremony! Lols....around 4-5 more months =3 Hmm....for the last grand production, I wonder when tvb planning to air Heaven and earth o.O

For best series though, A Fistful of Stances is the one I really, really want to win.

I wouldn't mind a Ghost Writer sequel....but by that I only mean with the same cast and about mythical stuff. If it wants to continue the storyline from the last Ghost Writer, I'd rather not. And about the musical thing...are the 'casts' going to be doing that? Now I'm wondering how they're going to do this....Think this is the first time I heard of tvb creating a theatrical version....


2 comments:

An Pham said...

wow u really been gone for a long time this time......i check but everyday and left with disapoint cuz i love reading ur blog....but the thing i love most about it, is not about the article but ur thoughs on it on the bottom...and i hope they air heaven and earth as the grand production too

LynneD. said...

Hehe, guilty is charge! xP Aw thanks, I really appreciate that^^ Yes! This year's anniversary is going to be full of competition if H&E also airs!

Post a Comment