Tavia's Past Article----> Shine, Tavia, Shine! part 2

Part 2 (Her First Role??)
Part 1 ----> http://tvb-horizon.blogspot.com/2009/08/tavias-past-article-shine-tavia-shine.html

Date: February 4, 2004
Source: TVB Weekly
Translated by: Hydie Cheung
From: TAVern (World of Tavia Yeung)

First role: A Nun

We have heard a lot of tough and bitter stories from many Acting Academy graduates. Like tens and hundreds of them, Tavia, an Academy graduate in 1998, has also gone through a long experiencing period of acting. Waiting for assignments and instructions from dawn to dusk, it was an experience that no new artists could escape. "I won't call my first five years as tough. The toughest thing that I can ever recall is when you are required to get up and go to work really early. Sometimes you have to wait for hours, or even the entire day for further instructions. It wasn't too bitter for me. I have been going through all these step by step from the old trying days to the time when my career begins to stabilize. I think it was a good experience.

"I remember my first role after my graduation was a nun in Justice Sung. No lines. No talking. The only thing I had to do was to play the muyu**. I was really nervous. When Cheung Tat-Ming and Amy Kwok entered and spoke, I didn't know whether I should keep going or not. So the director asked me to go on. I was feeling kind of stupid to keep playing all the time and not knowing when to stop. That experience was quite unforgettable! Before that I always worried if other crew members would be mean to me. It was absolutely a misunderstanding. Even if they couldn't remember my name at first, they would check up the rundown before calling me. They never called me 'little girl' or 'whatever-your-name-is' or anything unkind. They were nice people."

Note: Lately, I've been looking fo pics. of Tavia in her cameo roles. So far, I have her in "The Legendary 4 Aces" "The Legend of Lady Yang" "Street Fighters" and "The Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 2000" It took me sooooooo long to find what part of the series she was in, and then taking the screencaps, which are a little blurry =_= I hope I can find more of her cameo roles, but the problem is that I haven't watched the other series she cameod in beside the ones I listed above T_T

0 comments:

Post a Comment