The Gentle Crackdown


Casts:
Moses Chan as Shui Tung-Lau
Niki Chow as Luk Sap-Yee
Michelle Yim as Gam Ying
Wayne Lai as Si Kei-Wong
Halina Tam as Luk Sau-Koo

Genre: Ancient, Comedy

Synopsis
Ming dynasty and the corrupt officials rule. Master Constable Luk Chin (Yuen Wah) falls in love with the female outlaw Fei Ying (Michelle Yim) and they have a daughter - Luk Sap Hei (Niki Chow). When she grows up, she becomes a female constable, but in the male dominated world of the court, she is often underestimated. Luckily, the newly appointed magistrate Shui .... (Moses Chan) is not a corrupt official and solves a number of unusual cases. Then there is a mysterious murder case and the evidence points towards Fei Ying. Luk and the others set about investigating to clear her name and venture deeper into the tiger's den...

Credit: Astro on Demand

Thoughts: I really enjoyed watching this serie. As I said before, I love comedy. It is a light-hearted serie and there are always a few laughs here and there. This may not be a geat serie, but I believe it is an enjoyable one^^ I think the whole cast was really compatible with each other and there didn't seem to be an unneeded person. The 4 supporting constables were quite funny and I really loved seeing them together. The thing that I didn't like the most was probably the ending. It's just really weird....... Overall though, I really liked this serie and would recommended if you like comedies like I do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment